The Economist Events have great pleasure in announcing the Travel and Tourism Leadership Summit entitled “Can the industry bounce back after Covid-19?” to take place virtually on May 20th 2020 at 3pm EEST (2pm CET | 8am EDT).
The global economy was already on a slowdown when the Covid-19 outbreak appeared, leading the world to face one of the most serious pandemics of the last 100 years.
A health crisis translates to an economic crisis and the scenario of a deep recession comes to the fore. The outbreak of Coronavirus Covid-19 presents the travel and tourism sector with a major and evolving challenge.
How can the industry bounce back in the vortex of the COVID-19 crisis? It is against this setting that the world is called upon to prove that it can effectively overcome this crisis. There is an urgent need for solidarity and global leadership through a constructive and meaningful dialogue between Government and business leaders on how to tackle the Covid-19 challenges and prepare the travel and tourism industry for the next day.
▪ The impact of the epidemic: How can the industry become less vulnerable to unpredictable threats?
▪ Easing the impact of the crisis: Lessons from the 2008 recession and past pandemics
▪ Building resilience: The role of governments and the financial institutions
▪ How should Mediterranean countries respond? The significance of partnerships
▪ Sharing best practices and global travel and innovation technology initiatives
▪ Digital transformation in the sector: cost and complexity